okay, i gave myself a task to list out 50 things that make me happy. here goes.
1) random road trips, complete with a good playlist on my iPod and junk food from the convenience stores.
2) good coffee, especially hazelnut in the fall and winter
3) the anticipation of college football
4) swing sets and playgrounds
5) fabric softener
6) sleeping with the ceiling fan on and having to cuddle up tight to keep warm
7) Blaring Justin Timberlake's "Future/Sex/Love/Sounds" cd on my Bose sound dock and singing and dancing as I get ready to go somewhere
8) Dancing around in my skivvies. (who said you have to dance through life fully clothed?!)
9) Meeting a complete stranger and forming a friendship out of nowhere
10) The Wizard of Oz. After all Auntie Em, there's no place like home.
11) sweet tea. it's the wine of the south.
12) good, long hugs
13) Cakebread wine (particularly the Chardonnay)
14) completely junky reality TV, like Real World, The Bachelor and Big Brother.
15) sitting down with an old person and listening to their life stories
16) looking back at pictures I’ve taken through the years
17) riding in a clean car with the windows down and radio up
18) Being able to sit in total silence with another person and not a moment of it be awkward
19) cuddling up on the couch with the newspaper or a Sudoku book on a Sunday afternoon
20) Old Navy yoga pants
21) Planning trips
22) Love stories that turn out with a happily ever after
23) Going out dancing
24) Cold watermelon
25) Good hair and skin days
26) being in love
27) football games that are so intense I’m screaming at my T.V.
28) when the Gamecocks win those games.
29) snow days that force you to stay home
30) Old, beat up pick-up trucks. I will own one one day.
31) ghost stories, especially around a fire in the fall in Jonesboro, TN32) stars. so much than i got one tattooed on my foot.
33) New York City and Broadway
34) pretending I'm a good photographer
35) Accessories! They are better than the clothes.
37) The movie, Shag. Please see it if you haven't.
38) Cooking....namely baking.
39) Scouring flea markets for the perfect find to add to the house...the find that everyone else wishes they had found.
40) Little black dresses
42) the smell of leather
43) winding mountain roads
44) unexpected trips--those grab a bag and jump in the car and go at the last minute kind of trips...
45) the beautiful turquoise water and careless naked people at Isle de Tintamaar, off the coast of St. Maarten
46) clyde, maggie and wickett
47) simple, country people
48) thunderstorms and rain
49) produce stands