i was so happy this morning to open the front door and be greeted by the cool morning air. cool being the key word. we here in sc have been hammered with a brutally hot summer with very little rain. we're in a severe drought and the grass is crunchy. (but to jeff's advantage, with the lack of rain, he didn't have to cut it very much this summer...)
in the past month, the humidity was so bad that i just let my flat iron take a sabbatical and i let the natural waves in my hair just enjoy themselves and hang loose. there's no use to straighten and style when the humidity is 100% because frizz takes over and you've wasted a half hour of your life each day with your CHI.
so it was literally a breath of fresh air this morning to feel a breeze and get a sneak preview to fall. fall is by far my favorite season. i love the colors, the smells, everything.
there's lots to look forward to this fall--
1. college football. need i say more? i seriously have ants in my pants waiting for the kickoff in a couple of weeks.
2. that wonderful, wonderful day that you realize you can drive without the A/C on, and so you roll your windows down, only to find you need to turn the heat on low. that moment is pure bliss. even the weird smell that comes with turning on heat for the first time in months.
3. gevalia's flavored coffees are always great in the fall. usually creme brulee and pecan torte. mmm.
4. the apple festival (which my next blog will be about, stay tuned.)
5. euphoria, the new wine/music festival started by edwin mccain in downtown greenville. the kickoff is the chris isaak concert, which we're going to!
6. our vacation to new england and canada in october. literally. cannot. wait.
7. WICKED IS COMING TO ATLANTA AND BUBLE'S COMING TO GREENVILLE. yeeah!
8. the colors around the upstate truly epitomize the term "this is God's country." when you look out and see the trees and the leaves, you can't help but wonder how anyone doesn't believe in God.
9. Thanksgiving dinner's just a few months away! I'm definitely doing a another turkey cake (see photo below of last year's)
10. ......CHRISTMAS is 134 days from today! Start your shopping lists!!
so, i say bring on the fall! i can't wait.